- The Support Latino Business Impact Fund Grant Contest (the “SLBIF Contest”) is sponsored by nonprofit Support Latino Business, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
- By entering this SLBIF Contest, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules (the “Official Rules”).
- The SLBIF Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and are void where prohibited.
- There is no purchase necessary or other cost to enter or win the SLBIF Contest.
- To be eligible to enter a business in the SLBIF Contest, you must be: (a) a legal resident of the United States (including the District of Columbia but excluding U.S. territories), (b) at least 18 years of age, and (c) a business owner who is a leading executive (i.e., Founder, Owner, CEO, etc.) of the business who is authorized to legally bind the business with respect to the SLBIF Contest.
- To be eligible to participate in the SLBIF Contest, the business (“Entrant”) must meet all of the following criteria as of the first day of the SLBIF Contest Period: each Entrant (a) must have Its principal place of business in the United States, (b) must not be engaged in illegal, potentially illegal, or illegitimate activities as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination, and (c) may be any business entity legally permissible in the United States.
- The potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility by Sponsor, which may include a background check..
3. SLBIF CONTEST PERIODS.
- The Support Latino Business Impact Fund Grant SLBIF Contest begins on September 21, 2020, at 12:00 AM PT and ends on Wednesday, October 21, 2020, at 12:00 AM PT (the “SLBIF Contest Period”).
- Sponsor reserves the right to shorten or lengthen the SLBIF Contest Period based on need and availability of funds.
4. HOW TO ENTER.
- To enter the SLBIF Contests, each Officer must clearly and concisely complete all sections of the online application, which consists of a series of questions about the Entrant and the Officer, by taking these steps: during the SLBIF Contest Period,
- (1) go to www.supportlatino.biz/register-your-business-apply-for-an-impact-fund-grant/;
- (2) sign up for the directory, or log in if you already have an account;
- (3) complete and submit an application on https://www.supportlatino.biz/register-your-business-apply-for-an-impact-fund-grant/ (“Entry”).
- The full list of Entry questions can be found in the application form at https://www.supportlatino.biz/register-your-business-apply-for-an-impact-fund-grant/.
- All entries must be received by 12:00 AM PT on October 21, 2020 to be eligible.
- Limit: One entry per Entrant and per company.
5. ENTRY QUALIFICATIONS.
- Sponsor may disqualify any Entry that, as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination:
- contains any material that is indecent, obscene, hateful, discriminatory, defamatory, slanderous, libelous, unlawful, or otherwise inappropriate;
- is submitted in bad faith, is inappropriate, or otherwise violates these Official Rules;
- is submitted by an Entrant or Officer who is ineligible or noncompliant with these Official Rules;
- is submitted by any person who tampers with or abuses any aspect of the SLBIF Contest or the Support Latino Business website, who acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, who violates these Official Rules, or about whom a background check provides unsatisfactory results.
- If there is a dispute about who submitted an Entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Officer and the business identified in the Entry will be deemed the Entrant for the SLBIF Contest. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. The Officer may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. OTHER ENTRY TERMS.
- After an Entry has been submitted, it cannot be modified in any way and Sponsor is not responsible for any delayed Entry, incomplete Entry, or Entry not received, recognized, or accepted for any reason.
- Entrant retains all rights in and to its product or service, including all intellectual property rights, but no Entry may disclose any information confidential to or any trade secret of the Entrant or any third party. Sponsor will treat all information disclosed by Entrant as non confidential.
- By submitting an Entry to the SLBIF Contest, each Entrant hereby grants Sponsor on behalf of Entrant and Officer a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, global, nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display the information in the Entry, in whole or in part, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media, or technology, now known or later developed, for any purpose including for promotional and marketing purposes, including on Support Latino Business-branded websites or social platforms.
- The Released Parties do not guarantee that any Entry will be used as described in the preceding license.
- The Released Parties are not responsible for any unauthorized use by third parties of any Entry.
7. JUDGING CRITERIA AND SELECTION OF WINNERS.
Entries will be judged by Sponsor, based on the following Support Latino Business Impact Fund Grant Judging Criteria, the weighting of which to be determined solely by Sponsor:
- Demonstrated need
- Proposed use of funds
- Meeting the criteria
Grant SLBIF Contest:
Initial Judging Round
Entries will be judged by Sponsor / Support Latino Business Board of Advisors, based on the following Initial Judging Criteria:
- Quality and substantiveness of Entrant’s answers
- Uniqueness of Entrant’s product or service
- Clarity of Entrant’s “pitch” for grant funding
- Context and specificity of Entrant’s business journey and future goals
The eight Entrants that submitted the Entry receiving the highest cumulative score will be deemed the “SLBIF Grant Winner”.
Additional Rules Applicable to Both SLBIF Contests:
- Sponsor may, in Sponsor’s determination, conduct a brief interview with any Entrant and request an Entrant to submit additional materials relating to their Entry if Sponsor’s determination is that that step is necessary to fairly judge the Entry.
- If during any judging there is a tie, the tie will be broken based on the highest score in the first judging criterion, continuing thereafter to each judging criterion in order as needed to break the tie.
- Sponsor’s or the Panel’s decision, as the case may be, is final and not open to dispute of any kind.
- Each SLBIF Grant Winner may be required to execute and return to Sponsor an affidavit of eligibility, liability release, and, where lawful, a publicity release (collectively, the “Release”), within forty-eight hours after the Sponsor’s notification.
- If a potential SLBIF Grant Winner cannot be located or does not respond within forty-eight hours after the Sponsor’s notification, or the potential grant winner rejects the grant or fails to complete the Release within the allotted time period, the grant will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, who is the Entrant with the next highest ranked Entry from among all remaining eligible Entries.
- Sponsor will award all grants. If a grant cannot be awarded to any potential SLBIF Grant Winner, property of equal or greater value will be provided to a charity chosen by Sponsor. If a grant cannot be awarded to a potential SLBIF Grant Winner, property of equal or greater value will be provided to an alternate winner.
8. SUMMARY OF GRANTS.
- Each SLBIF Grant Winner will receive between $1,000 and $5,000.
- Each SLBIF Grant Winner will receive recognition on Support Latino Business platforms.
- Each grant is awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor.
- Each SLBIF Grant Winner is responsible for all applicable federal, state, and local taxes, if any, as well as any other costs and expenses associated with grant acceptance and use not specified in these Official Rules.
9. ODDS OF WINNING. The odds of being awarded a grant will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during the SLBIF Contest Period.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS.
- Releases. Each Entrant and Officer will release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and funding partners, and the shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, and representatives of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from any and all injuries, liability, losses, and damages of any kind to persons, including death or property damage resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Entrant’s or the Officer’s participation in the SLBIF Contest or any SLBIF Contest-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any grant.
- Liability Limitation. The Released Parties are not responsible for:
- lost, late, incomplete, damaged, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Entries;
- lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the SLBIF Contest, including errors or difficulties that may occur in connection with the administration of the SLBIF Contest, the processing or judging of Entries, or the announcement of the SLBIF Grant Winner ;
- any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the SLBIF Contest;
- injury or damage to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this SLBIF Contest or downloading materials from or use of Sponsor’s website or other platforms.
- SLBIF Contest Compromised. If any portion of the SLBIF Contests is compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non authorized human intervention, or other causes that, in Sponsor’s determination, corrupt or impair the Sponsor’s administration, security, fairness, or proper play, or submission of Entries, Sponsor may suspend, modify, or terminate the SLBIF Contest and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the Winners from all eligible, nonsuspect Entries received prior to the Sponsor’s compromise using the judging procedure outlined above.
- Interpretation. In these Official Rules: “Including” means including but not limited to. “Sponsor’s determination” or “Sponsor’s consent” means Sponsor’s determination or Sponsor’s consent, in either case, in its sole discretion.
- SLBIF Contest Changes. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules in order to better achieve the SLBIF Contest’s purpose as adjudged in Sponsor’s determination, without liability or obligation to Sponsor. Sponsor will give notice of Official Rule modifications on the SLBIF Contests’ official site and in these Official Rules.
- By entering and participating in the SLBIF Contest, each Entrant and Officer permits the use of Entrant’s and Officer’s names and submitted content for programming, advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes in all media, now known or later created, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by Sponsor and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents from Entrant or Officer or any third party and without prior notice, approval, or inspection.
- Each Entrant and Officer will execute specific consent to the uses described in the previous sentence at Sponsor’s request.
- No Entrant or Officer may release on their own or through a third party any publicity or other materials regarding their participation in the SLBIF Contest, without Sponsor’s consent.
12. GOVERNING LAW. Texas law governs all issues and questions concerning these Official Rules and Entrant’s or Sponsor’s rights and obligations in connection with the SLBIF Contest, and that law applies regardless of any choice-of-law principles otherwise applicable.
- Except where prohibited by law, the parties must resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to the SLBIF Contest or these Official Rules individually and exclusively by final and binding arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) and conducted before a single arbitrator under AAA’s applicable arbitration rules.
- The arbitration must be held at a location in the State of Texas.
- There shall be no authority for any claims to be arbitrated (or otherwise disputed) on a class or representative basis; arbitration can decide only Sponsor’s or your individual claims and the arbitrator may not consolidate or join the claims of other persons or parties who may be similarly situated.
- Entrant, Officer, and Sponsor each specifically waives any right to a jury trial related to the resolution of any dispute arising out of or relating to the SLBIF Contest or these Official Rules.
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Official Rules, if the amount in dispute arising out of or relating to the SLBIF Contest or these Official Rules is less than the jurisdictional maximum of a small claims court applicable in the state in the Business’s principal place of business is located, an Entrant may bring an action in the small claims court for the dispute, which will be in lieu of arbitration or an action in any other court.
14. USE OF DATA.
- By participating in the SLBIF Contest, each Entrant and Officer acknowledges that Sponsor will collect private or personal data about the Entrant and the Officer that is submitted in the Entry (the “Private Information”).
- Sponsor may collect and use of the Private Information for purposes of these SLBIF Contest and as authorized under these Official Rules.
15. SPONSOR’S CONTACT INFORMATION. Support Latino Business, Inc. 411 West Monroe Street, Austin, TX 78704
Thank you for your application to the Support Latino Business Impact Fund Grant! We will be closing applications on October 21, 2020. All winners will be notified by November 17, 2020. Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All our best,